Benefits of DSS Technology
Detonation Suppression Technology (DSS™) provides permanent blast mitigation and protection against explosions and fire-spreads caused by enemy attacks using conventional explosives, incendiary weapons or other means to explode military fuel tankers, vehicles and fuel storage tanks. DSS™ will also mitigate effects by quenching fires in fuel storage tanks caused by the same types of attacks. In addition, the use of DSS™ provides significant savings by significantly reducing repair and maintenance costs of fuel tanks which normally will occur due to corrosion and by reducing fuel evaporation losses which normally occur on above-ground fuel storage tanks.
Benefits of DSS Technology
- 24/7 fail-safe, maintenance-free, anti-detonation protection. DSS™ suppresses the explosion of combustible liquids and gases, and limits and delays the spread of fires.
- No recurring costs after installation. DSS™ does not require any logistical support or resources, such as monitoring, additional equipment or labor.
- Eliminates corrosion inside the fuel tank. This reduces repair and maintenance costs and extends the useful life of the tank.
- Reduces fuel evaporation. This results in financial benefits through reduced fuel loss, improved safety, and reduced hydrocarbon emissions.
- Environmentally friendly and 100% recyclable
- Allows repairs on a filled fuel tank, which was previously impossible due to the danger of combustion
- Virtually eliminates static charging, due to the electric conductivity of DSS™
- Swash is reduced by approximately 80%, thus eliminating the need for tank swash plates and other filling materials. This stabilizes the container and prevents accidents due to overturning.
- Simple installation. It only takes a few hours to install inside a tank.
- No life limit and is transferable from one fuel tank to another.
- Lightweight and space efficient. Although DSS™ covers over 90% of the space inside a fuel tank, it reduces the fuel volume by only 1.63%, and its weight is negligible.
Uses and Advantages of DSS™
- DSS™ is a patented anti-detonation, fire control special aluminum alloy material. When inserted inside fuel storage tanks or containers, DSS™ has the ability to prevent explosion and the spread of fire caused by gunfire, terrorist activity, sparking, maintenance error, electrostatic discharge, crashes, or other type of accident. It helps save human lives and protect valuable assets and property from destruction.
- DSS™ can be used in all types of fuel tanks and containers, fuel storage tanks, fuel depots, LNG terminals and transportation fuel tankers of flammable liquids and gases such as gasoline, diesel, acetylene, ethane, hydrogen, methane, propane, town gas, etc.
- DSS™ prevents the explosion of all types of combustible liquids and gases and limits and delays the spread of fires.
- DSS™ provides a permanent, 24/7 failsafe, one-time application, maintenance-free, and cost effective solution to anti-detonation protection on fuel storage tanks.
- The advantage of DSS™ is that it also generates numerous ancillary benefits that on their own can justify the purchase of the product. These include: up to a 50% reduction in fuel evaporation loss; significant reduction in tank corrosion, prolonge economic life of the tank; enabling repair of fuel tanks filled with fuel, lower insurance premiums, and more.
- The DSS™ material is very easy to install, it is environmental friendly and has no effects on the contents of the fuel tanks or containers. While it fills the whole tank or container, it displaces only 1.63% of the fuel tank content and its weight is about 4% of the fuel tank content weight.
- DSS™ has been tested successfully by a number of government agencies, industrial organizations and prestigious academic institutions. DSS™ has been approved and certified for commercial use. DSS™ carriers a NATO Stock Number (NSN) which makes it available for sale within the NATO countries as well as a CAGE code for the US government market. The DSS™ manufacturer has an ISO 9002 Certificate of Approval.
- DSS™ technology fulfills core missions defined by the government's homeland security response which include protecting critical infrastructures and key assets, defending against catastrophic threats, and transportation security.
- DSS™ provides a viable, cost effective solution to the problem of fuel tanks explosions which could be caused by gunfire, acts of war, terrorist activity, crashes, collisions, sparking, improper maintenance, electrostatic discharge or simply human error.